Thursday, August 5

The Brave Comradeship of God

Sometimes Oswald Chambers rocks my socks off. If you don't own, or have readily available "My Utmost for His Highest", then we should talk. Somehow it has made it's way right up there with the Bible for me. Don't worry, I'm not being heretical here-- I didn't say it "was" the Bible. It is just a solid second.

Luke 18:31 "Then He took unto Him the twelve."

"We are apt to say that because a man has natural ability, therefore he will make a good Christian. It is not a question of our equipment, but of our poverty, not of what we bring with us, but of what God puts into us; not a question of natural virtues of strength of character, knowledge, and experience- all that is of no avail in this matter. The only thing that avails is that we are taken up into the big compelling of God and made His comrades (1 Cor. 1:26-30).
The comradeship of God is made up out of men who know their poverty. He can do nothing with the man who thinks that he is of use to God. As Christians we are not out for our own cause at all, we are out for the cause of God, which can never be our cause. We do not know what God is after, but we have to maintain our relationship with Him whatever that happens. We must never allow anything to injure our relationship with God; if it does get injured we must take time and get it put right."

What an encouraging article as I contemplated all the 'ever so huge, thick walls' that seem impossible to break through. I have lots of unknowns and challenges before me this upcoming school year and even though the tasks feel impossible - God says with Him, it's otherwise. I hear Him saying...."Oh yea.. just watch what I can do".

Well here we go. I'm watching Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment